The Thornton Water Assistance Program helps low-income individuals and families struggling to pay their water bill. Thornton Water customers and residents living in apartment complexes, manufactured home parks, condominiums and townhomes that receive water through the City of Thornton can apply for the program once per calendar year. Those who meet the program qualifications will receive a credit on their water account. For master meter water customers, the City gives the credit to the property owner or property management company.
The 2019 credit for those with a Thornton Water account is $351.
The 2019 credit for those living in a master meter community is $80.
If you have a Thornton Water account and receive a monthly bill from the City of Thornton:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or that you are legally residing in the U.S. For example, a driver's license, Colorado ID, passport or Visa.
- A recent water bill. If you pay for your water to a property owner or management company, provide a rent agreement and receipt from property management with current water cost, or water bill. The applicant's name and address needs to be on the bill or receipt.
- Income verification for all adults over 18 living in the house - see application for examples.
- City Development Planning Counter. City Development is located on the north side of the City Hall building, 9500 Civic Center Drive.; or
- Email to H2Ohelp@cityofthornton.net; or
- Mail in your documents to Thornton Water Assistance Program, 9500 Civic Center Drive, Thornton, CO 80229.